While there are many stunning natural lagoons and tropical destinations around the globe to relax and enjoy, but Borneo is not a simple addition to that list, rather a different paradise for natural mesmerizing views and breath-taking setups.
Borneo is a paradise on earth and a stunning island in the Asian sub-continent region. The region is surrounded by surreal and pristine valleys, rainforests, evergreen marmalades, and huge coastlines.
Borneo is the 3rd largest Island in the world and the largest island on the Asia continent!
It is also a part of the Indonesian Archipelago.
According to Geo.org, “Borneo is surrounded by the Java Sea to its south, the Celebes Sea on its east, and the South China Sea to its north.”
This article will assist you in enjoying this awe-striking region and its jaw-dropping beauty.
Enjoy the natural and magical tropical surroundings
Kota Kinabalu & Mt. Kinabalu
If there should be anything included while on a mesmerizing trip to Borneo, Mt. Kinabalu’s name comes first due to its incredible beauty and high peaks.
Kota Kinabalu is the main attraction point in Borneo Island whose center is Mount Kinabalu
- Mt. Kinabalu is also called as Mecca of Climbers and is the tallest 13,400-Foot peak of Malaysia and is at the center of Kota Kinabalu
- Manukan islands are one of the greatest entry points to begin exploring Mount Kinabalu. Manukan islands, once you cross a green line, enjoy captivating views of shallow reefs, boxfish, clownfish, sea cucumbers, etc.
- One can go with family or easily convert it to a romantic destination and vacation
- Snorkel or enjoy Kayaking at many points across the island
- Tanjung Aru beach is another great location and enjoys your life’s best sunset
- Explore indigenous culture at Gaya Street Sunday Market
- Explore many other islands ranges like Mamutik, Sapi
- Explore Tanku Abdul Rahman Marine Park
- Kakol hill can end your trip well for a sunset as well from where you can see easily the entire Kota Kinabalu
Pulao Tiga became immensely famous after being shown in the survivor series of the 1980s and dubbed as survivor islands as well.
As per the official Borneo description, “Pulau Tiga, literally means ‘three islands’ in Malay, is surrounded by the pristine South China Sea. Although Pulau Tiga no longer dabbles in show business, its name is no stranger to travelers from all walks of life who enjoy a weekend getaway in the isolated bliss Pulau Tiga has to offer”
- Incredible views
- Vast ocean lines
- Sandy beaches and mud pools
- Short hike to jungle
- There are very few resorts on the main island Pulau Tiga Resort is famous among travelers who want a taste of the raw island experience
- Pulao Tiga is for everyone, go with family, friends, or on a romantic escapade
According to amazing Borneo, “Located in the district of Kuala Penyu, West Coast of Sabah, the drive itself takes about 2 hours to reach the jetty of Pulau Tiga, 103 km from Kota Kinabalu city. The boat transfer to the Pulau Tiga Island takes another 40 minutes as the island is located 16 km from the jetty.”
An amazing destination for corals, tortoise watercolor, coastal surroundings which add to the overall grandeur.
- Best diving destination in Borneo
- See sunken ships, coral reefs, tropical marine life can be seen
- Evergreen beauty
- Derawan Archipelago also popular
- Lots of water and sea sports are available making it an ideal place for adventure lovers
Sipadan Island lies close to Malaysia. The island is well-admired for its white sandy beaches, stunning views of the tropical environment.
- Visit Bohey Dulang, Bako National Park, Tusan Cliff Beach, and Niah Caves
- Do a beautiful 15-20 minutes hiking to reach Bohey Dulang
- Sipadan National Park is a must to visit here, Barracudas, bump heads, reef sharks, jackfish, turtles left and right, superb visibility, bump into lots of turtles.
- For national parks, go without expectation as on some days you can see indefinite flora and fauna while on other days you might be a bit out of luck
- Tun Sakaran Marine Park is also another delight there
- Overall a nice excursion
- One can also enjoy traditional spa centers here where they offer Borneo Oil massage, Thai Massage, Reflexology, and so on.
Here we conclude our Borneo adventure places and the most recommended list of itineraries when visiting this amazing island for the first time.
From incredible mountain ranges to elite biodiversity, and from epic sunsets to indigenous flavors, Borneo has something for everyone.
Go with family for a family trip, or with your friends for a crazy and fun-filled vacation, or go with your lover on a romantic escapade.
Not anyone like above? You can even go solo without any issue.
Borneo is a paradise island and once you see it, it will be difficult to come out early.
Thanks for reading,